2022 Kia Forte Arrives With a New Design & More Advanced Technology
The 2022 Kia Forte compact sedan is coming into the new year with a host of enhancements including a new front and rear design, a newly available 10.25-inch widescreen navigation display, and an expanded suite of new and upgraded Drive Wise technology.
“Strong sales of Forte have helped Kia achieve its best third quarter sales in company history and the refreshed 2022 model is poised to continue that successful momentum,” said Sean Yoon, president & CEO, Kia North America and Kia America. “With its contemporary design, a robust suite of standard ADAS features, and the 201 horsepower of the exciting GT trim, the 2022 Forte continues to raise the bar in the compact sedan segment.”
The 2022 Forte is available in 4 different trim levels; FE, LXS, GT-Line, and GT. The EX model has been discontinued for 2022 and a new GT-Line Sport Premium Package has been added.
Other new package offerings across the model range include LXS Technology, GT-Line Technology, and GT Technology, each with a unique combination of tech and ADAS Systems.
The GT-Line trim offers an exceptional combination of performance styling and premium features. The wide array of content includes;
- Unique 17-inch wheels
- Sport exterior design elements
- LED fog lights
- Sport combination seats with SynTex/cloth
- Sport steering wheel
- 10.25-inch navigation touchscreen
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist
The top trim, Forte GT, brings a true performance experience with a 201-horsepower turbo 4-cylinder engine. The 200+ HP sports compact sedan is a standout in the segment for its balanced driving dynamics and standard 7-speed DCT. It is also one of few such offerings with an available manual transmission.
The exterior of the 2022 Forte incorporates a new design identity with enhanced styling elements in the front and rear. Updates include:
- Sleeker, more expressive headlight designs
- Next-generation tiger-nose grille
- Revised front and rear bumpers to accentuate a wider, stronger image
- LED fog lights seamlessly integrated into air-intake grille (GT, GT-Line only)
- New 16-inch and 17-inch dark metal gray alloy wheel designs (LXS, GT-Line only)
- Sportier LED taillight/rear combination lamp design (GT, GT-Line only)
- New trunk lid spoiler emphasizes rear width and stability
Within, the 2022 Forte delivers a modern cabin defined by a driver centric, high-tech interior space. Key feature enhancements include:
- A larger 4.2-inch color TFT LCD cluster (standard on all trims)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto6 is now standard through the 8-inch touchscreen display audio/infotainment system (standard on FE, LXS)
- 10.25-inch wide touchscreen navigation/infotainment standard on GT and GT-Line, includes free MapCare updates
- Center console with newly available integrated Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) and Auto Hold
- Available rear USB charger
- Smart Key now features remote start (standard on GT, GT-Line)
- Available SynTex synthetic leather seating
In addition, the Forte continues to deliver a comfortable and spacious five-seat cabin with up to 111.3 cu.-ft. of passenger and cargo volume.
The Forte still offers two proven engines, allowing customers to choose between an enjoyable driving experience that is either smooth and efficient or deliberately sporty and responsive:
- 2.0-liter MPI I-4 engine (FE, LXS, GT-Line)
- Intelligent Continuously Variable Transmission (IVT)
- 147 horsepower/132 lb.-ft. torque
- FE trim achieves 41 MPG Highway4
- Turbocharged 1.6-liter GDI I-4 engine (GT)
- 7-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) or 6-speed manual transmission
- 201 horsepower/195 lb.-ft. torque
- Multi-link rear suspension
- Dual sport-tuned exhaust